Granted, this makes for rather dry reading (really, really dry!) but here are all the rules and regulations for our big Vespa giveaway this summer. Have a read, if you are a winner in any of the big prize categories we will be asking you to sign this, otherwise just keep posting, following, tweeting, signing up, sharing, and all that fun stuff as we get ready to give away some pretty awesome prizes this summer!
This summer Caffè Artigiano is giving away all things Vespa! Prizes include some of our bright red gift cards, loaded with $20 worth of great coffee drinks in our caffès; a Vespa LX50 day rental for two; and five bright red Vespa bags full of coffee, a travel mug and gift card, and in one of those bags, a key to a brand-new Vespa Primavera 50 Rosso Dragon. Follow us, comment and share pictures of the scooter at our various locations around BC this summer for your chance to win!
Eligibility: This sweepstakes style (random draw) contest (comprising of a one day Vespa rental from Metro Vespa (Vancouver) for two, courtesy of Caffè Artigiano , valued at $150 (includes two Vespa LX50 and 2 safety helmets, does not include gas and winner must complete and pay their own insurance at time of rental), prize draw August 3, 2017; or one of five Vespa branded tote bags valued at $75.00 each (includes a Caffè Artigiano travel mug, pound of coffee of your choice, and gift card for $20) prize draws throughout the summer; and the Grand Prize, a brand new Vespa Primavera 50 Rosso Dragon from Metro Vespa Vancouver, courtesy of Caffè Artigiano (includes a red safety helmet, all taxes, freight and environmental fee’s (some transfer fees may apply) valued at just over $5,000.00 (five thousand dollars), prize draw September 1, 2017. The contest is by random draw from those who follow Caffè Artigiano on our social media channels, has filled in a ballot in one of our BC locations or signed up for our newsletter. Red bag winners must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of the random draw. The contest is only open to legal residents of British Columbia or Alberta and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Caffè Artigiano and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Participants may live anywhere in BC or Alberta but, should they win one of the five red bags, must come to Vancouver to accept the prize. The winner is responsible for all costs and arrangements to get to Vancouver for the draw and for all arrangements in getting any of the prizes home to its destination, including the Vespa. The five red bag prize winners must be available to attend and participate in the final live draw in Vancouver on September 1st, 2017, which may or may not include a fun game.
The winner of the Vespa agrees to leave all decals and signage on the Vespa for a minimum of one year and not sell the bike outside of BC or Alberta for one year.
Caffe Artigiano management and shareholders take no responsibility for the actions of the winners on the rental scooter or on the winning scooter. Please ride safely and courteously and wear the safety approved helmet at all times.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by these rules and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Caffe Artigiano as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Contest period; Entries by ballot and random name draws will be accepted on social channels and in person (ballots will be located wherever the Vespa is on display) starting on June 21st, 2017 and ending on August 31st, 2017.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by following cues to comment or share on social media channels or by using a handwritten ballot entry or business card at locations where the Vespa is on display ir signing up for our newsletter. Where we ask for your email, you are accepting to be on our mailing address and may unsubscribe at any time.
The entry (comment, share or ballot) must fulfill all stipulated requirements, as specified, to be eligible to be included in the random draws.
You may enter as many times as you wish (with the exception of the newsletter sign up) and images taken and posted with the Vespa on location will count for an additional entry. Those using fraudulent methods, such as bots, or attempts to circumvent the rules, will be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Caffè Artigiano
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the random draws will receive prizes as listed below. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award). The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Caffè Artigiano No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Caffè Artigiano's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including, without limitation any and all additional provincial or federal taxes, transportation to and from Vancouver or transport cost of prizes shall be the sole responsibility of winners (apart from postage of the gift cards). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by any winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Caffè Artigiano to use Winner’s full name (as well as social media handle), likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Prizes shall comprise of a one day Vespa rental from Metro Vespa (Vancouver) for two, courtesy of Caffè Artigiano valued at $150 (includes two Vespa LX50 and 2 safety helmets, does not include gas and winner must complete and pay their own insurance at time of rental), prize draw August 3, 2017; or one of five Vespa branded tote bags valued at $75.00 each (includes a Caffè Artigiano travel mug, pound of coffee of your choice and gift card for $20) prize draws throughout the summer; Grand Prize, a brand new Vespa Primavera 50 Rosso Dragon from Metro Vespa Vancouver, courtesy of Caffè Artigiano (includes a red safety helmet, all taxes, freight, and environmental fee’s (some transfer fees may apply) valued at just over $5,000.00 (five thousand dollars). Additional $20 gift cards will also be given out at random.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing of social handles (real name must also be provided, though not shared unless a final winner), names or by ballot under the supervision of Caffè Artigiano. Winner will be notified by on-line message, email or telephone. Caffè Artigiano shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [5 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release of these rules as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Caffè Artigiano, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Caffè Artigiano. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Caffè Artigiano from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Caffè Artigiano may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Caffè Artigiano reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Caffè Artigiano’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Caffè Artigiano may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Caffè Artigiano. Caffè Artigiano reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Caffè Artigiano has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Caffè Artigiano reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Caffè Artigiano and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada, BC & Alberta WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: Wil be announced on social channels and possible press release
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Caffè Artigiano. The Contest hosted by Caffè Artigiano is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all the Official Rules.